Residential Asbestos Testing & Removal ServicesAsbestos Solutions Ltd Can Identify, Test & Remove Asbestos From Your Residential Property
- Safe testing and removal of Asbestos from your home.
- Worksafe New Zealand certified Asbestos technicians.
- Expert clean-up of fire-damaged properties.
- Residential and domestic properties in Auckland, Wellington and beyond!
Click below to fill out the form and we will be in touch ASAP to discuss your requirements.
Residential Quick Links
Our Residential Services
Helping Homeowners Breathe Easy With Asbestos Testing & Removal For Safe, Healthy Homes Across Auckland, Wellington, Waikato & The Greater North Island
For the most in-depth Asbestos solutions in Hamilton, Auckland, Wellington, Tauranga and the Bay of Plenty look no further than Asbestos Solutions Ltd. Whether you’re looking for an expert in Asbestos removal for homes throughout the North Island, or thinking about renovating, it is crucial to get a professional technician to identify Asbestos in your home before any repairs or renovations are undertaken
We specialise in the testing and removal of Asbestos in the home with as little disruption to your day as possible (and we’re very discreet about it too), so get in touch today.
Learn more about asbestos with our information page below.
Asbestos Containing Materials
Where in the home are you likely to find asbestos?
Asbestos was used extensively in the home until the late 90s, yet how would you know? One way to identify Asbestos is by looking up, are your ceilings textured or plastered? That texture may contain Asbestos! Also, your interior walls, ceiling, hot water tanks and even your exterior cladding and roof may have been constructed or insulated using Asbestos containing materials.
Main areas where Asbestos may be lurking include:
- Roof sheeting, ventilators, skylights and manhole frames.
- Door and window mouldings, exterior louvre blades, side flashing, and cement downpipes.
- Exterior wall sheets and cement cladding.
- Interior wall sheets, soffits, baseboards and shingles.
- Lino and flooring tiles as well as adhesives.
- As an insulator for pipes, lagging and water tanks.
Find out how to identify potential Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM) in your home.
Expert Removal, Disposal & Remediation Of Asbestos Containing Materials In Just 8 Steps
For Asbestos materials located inside the home such as textured ceilings, linoleum backing on tiles, lagging and insulation you can expect the following:
- In most cases, all furniture will be removed from the area.
- The area is then isolated and fully enclosed in plastic (tented).
- Asbestos material is removed by trained staff using approved respiratory and safety equipment.
- Asbestos material is bagged using identified bags for hazardous waste disposal.
- An independent visual inspection and air monitoring service is carried out.
- Your receipt of a Certificate of reoccupation from the air monitoring test identifies that the area is safe for use.
- The area is cleaned and the plastic (tent) removed.
- All Asbestos waste is disposed of at a designated refuse site for hazardous waste.
All steps are carried out by MBIE certified technicians in accordance with MBIE requirements. Asbestos Solutions Ltd also carries full insurance including public liability insurance.
Click below to view our full asbestos management process.
Drilling & Cutting
Drilling & Cutting Of Asbestos Containing products Is Not The Preference, But If Necessary Will Be Given Due Diligence
Asbestos Solutions Ltd will try and avoid drilling and cutting into Asbestos products preferring complete removal over generating a potential risk produced from loose or friable Asbestos. In situations where drilling and cutting is the only solution, the professionals at Asbestos Solutions Ltd go to great lengths to ensure it is done safely.
All staff wear safety equipment; furniture, flooring, vents, air conditioning and central heating ducts are covered up, no electric power tools are used and materials are wet gently with a wetting agent to contain the dust. The goal is to work with minimal release of fibres, dust or small particles.
Fire Clean Up
Has Your Home Been In A Fire? Asbestos Solutions Ltd Can Carry Out The Cleanup Process & Stop The Spread Of Asbestos
If you are concerned your fire-damaged home may not be safe to live in anymore contact Asbestos Solutions Ltd for an accurate Asbestos air monitoring test. Asbestos air testing can provide a scientific air quality result and you with peace of mind. It pays to check all buildings affected from your main home to your outdoor shed, and if you operate your business from home, have this building checked too.
While Asbestos in fire-damaged homes generally presents a very low risk to health, Asbestos fibres can be released. More often than not, the air monitor test will indicate low concentrations of Asbestos fibre due to the large volumes of air circulated by fires but most people like to double check just to be sure.
Make an appointment for your on-site assessment and quote. During your appointment we will assess the extent of damage or risk and tailor a plan of action that fits with your budget.
Request an Appraisal
If you have concerns about asbestos at your property, leave your details with us and our asbestos experts will be in touch to discuss the likelihood of any asbestos hazards and the appropriate steps to take.